I choose weird stories because they suit my inclination best – one of my strongest and most persistent wishes being to achieve, momentarily, the illusion of some strange suspension or violation of the galling limitations of time, space, and natural law…
– H.P. Lovecraft
Hydra Team and Wyrd Edizioni are excited to bring you Beyond the Edge #3: Weird Lore. It provides Numenera players and GMs with a deeper exploration of the weird and wondrous in The Scattered Lands, expanding the opportunities for adventure and discovery.
To set the scene, Weird Lore first considers the measures of weirdness and how they might impact the qualities and colour of your campaign.
The Scattered Lands dives into the history and geography of the region, providing suggestions on how you can adopt the Lands as the backdrop for your adventures and campaigns.
- Consider the history and origins of the long dead Xendalian
- Meet the challenges of the toxic deserts of the Broken Land of Tusi or submerge yourself in the inky bounds of the Sootsea
- Hunt through the ruins and remains that survived The Wounding, the deathblow to the ancient civilisations of the region
Weird Lore then dives into five different weird themes, with material for both players and GMs, that play upon the strange and alien possibilities of the Scattered Lands.
- Claim back the weird bloodline of The Scattered Lands with the Xendalian Descriptor
- Deal in the trade of dreams and visions in the breath-taking city of Mirage
- Uncover the experiments in mutation committed by Magister Taranthius – and, perhaps, become a party of mutants with a selection of new mutation based sub-Descriptors
- Walk the wastes in the footsteps of the Clang One, a nomadic people descended from weird biotech experiments
- Ride the winds between the islands of the Hanging Pelagus, free-floating islands that together hold the secret from beyond the Ninth World.
More Heads, more fun!
Here be Dragons Games is the international official editorial trademark of Wyrd Edizioni, a leading Italian roleplaying games publisher. Wyrd began publishing with Monte Cook and Malhavoc Press, a partnership which continuously grows. Beyond the Edge is Wyrd’s first international editorial line, related to Monte Cook Games, LLC, Numenera and the Cypher System.
“Monte Cook is the most brilliant game designer and Numenera is his best product ever. We are excited to take this journey with him and Hydra Team. We’ll bring you some new ideas, awesome games and mind-blowing artworks!”
Hydra Team (HT) is a game design collective based in Italy. The collective comprises a tight network of creative individuals. Although it focuses on roleplaying games, HT creates games of all types.